[Nfbnet-members-list] Vehicle Donation Program

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Mar 19 17:50:45 UTC 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT:
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (Cell)
<mailto:Cdanielsen at nfb.org>Cdanielsen at nfb.org
National Federation of the Blind Launches Vehicle Donation Program
Baltimore, Maryland (March 19, 2013): <http://www.nfb.org/>The
National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the oldest and largest
organization of blind people in the United States, today announced
that it has partnered with Vehicles for Charity to launch a new
vehicle donation program. The NFB's vehicle donation program accepts
almost any vehicle, including cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and
recreational vehicles. All donations may be eligible for a tax
donation on your federal income tax return.
Dr. Marc Maurer, president of
<http://www.facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlind>the National
Federation of the Blind, said: "We are pleased to announce this new
vehicle donation program. By donating your vehicle to the National
Federation of the Blind, you are helping to improve the lives of
blind people across the country. Your donation will go toward our
work to increase the number of
<https://nfb.org/braille-literacy>blind children learning Braille, to
advocate for blind and other disabled persons to receive a
<http://www.nfb.org/fair-wages>fair working wage, and to ensure a
brighter future for all blind Americans."
To learn more about the vehicle donation program, including how to
donate and answers to other frequently asked questions, please visit
<http://www.nfb.org/vehicledonations>www.nfb.org/vehicledonations.

###

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) is the oldest, largest,
and most influential nationwide membership organization of blind
people in the United States. Founded in 1940, the NFB advocates for
the civil rights and equality of blind Americans, and develops
innovative education, technology, and training programs to provide
the blind and those who are losing vision with the tools they need to
become independent and successful. We need your support. To make a
donation, please go to <http://www.nfb.org/>www.nfb.org.