[Nfbnet-members-list] PUSH BEVERAGES and NFB team up to support Braille literacy

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Sep 20 17:21:07 UTC 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (Cell)
cdanielsen at nfb.org

NFB Web: www.nfb.org

Push Email: info at pushbeverages.com

Push Web: www.pushbeverages.com

PUSH BEVERAGES and NFB team up to support Braille literacy

JULY 1 (New York, NY): PUSH Beverages launches
their new PUSH-2-O bottled 20 ounce water today.
The new PUSH-2-O label contains a message encouraging drinkers
to learn more about and donate to Braille literacy. This message, designed by
the National Federation of the Blind
  (NFB) reads “Support Braille literacy for the
blind: Text “Braille” to 85944 to donate $5 to
the National Federation of the Blind. Learn more at: www.nfb.org.”
The NFB logo is also included.

Braille equips the blind with literacy in the
exact same manner that print empowers the
sighted. Yet, today fewer than 10 percent of blind children are
learning Braille. The National Federation of the
Blind has launched the Braille Readers are
Leaders Literacy Campaign to improve Braille literacy and double
the number of young Braille readers by 2015.

“We at Push Beverages feel that getting this very
important message in so many hands and on so many
desks, tables and gym bags will really make a difference
to the NFB and Braille literacy,” stated a
representative from Push. “It’s our turn to give back in every way we can.”

Dr. Marc Maurer, President of the National
Federation of the Blind, said: “Braille is the
key to success for blind children, but today too few are learning
it. We are thrilled to team up with PUSH
Beverages to spread the message of the critical
importance of Braille literacy.”

Nicky Gacos, president of the National
Association of Blind Merchants, an affiliate of
the National Federation of the Blind, said: "PUSH Beverages has been
a wonderful partner with Randolph-Sheppard
vendors and other blind entrepreneurs. It is
gratifying that the bottles we sell will now carry the message
of Braille literacy, which has been integral to success for so many of us."

PUSH Beverages is a full-line beverage company
with over thirty carbonated and noncarbonated
drinks available in 12-ounce, 20-ounce and 2 liter packages
under the PUSH®, PUSH-2-O® and TRIBE TEA® Brands.
PUSH Beverages, new to the market in 2008, is
currently sold in twenty-two states in the eastern United
States and looking to spread west in the near future.

###

With more than 50,000 members, the National
Federation of the Blind is the largest and most
influential membership organization of blind people in the United
States. The NFB improves blind people’s lives
through advocacy, education, research,
technology, and programs encouraging independence and self-confidence.
It is the leading force in the blindness field
today and the voice of the nation's blind. In
January 2004 the NFB opened the National Federation of the
Blind Jernigan Institute, the first research and
training center in the United States for the blind led by the blind.