[Nfbnet-members-list] Meet the Blind Month Reminders

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Nov 1 03:01:57 UTC 2012

Fellow Federationists,

We are nearing the end of another action-packed
Meet the Blind Month campaign. This year members
from over twenty affiliates worked to change what
it means to be blind by hosting literature
tables, making presentations to students, and
finding new and innovative ways to share our positive message about blindness!

As we draw to a close, I have a few reminders to
share. If you have not yet done so, please be
sure to send a description of your event(s) to me
at <mailto:mbaugh at nfb.org>mbaugh at nfb.org. You may
also share your events over the phone by calling
the Jernigan Institute at (410) 659 9314,
extension 2371. You can also access our event
submission form on the
<http://www.nfb.org/meet-blind-month>Meet the
Blind Month homepage. If you are unsure if your
event has been submitted, please visit the
<https://nfb.org/meet-blind-month-event-calendar>Meet
the Blind Month Event Calendar to find your events.

All events must be submitted by 5:00 p.m.
tomorrow November 1 in order to qualify for one
or both of this year’s challenges. For more
information on the challenges, please visit the
<http://www.nfb.org/meet-blind-month>Meet the Blind Month homepage.

Also, if you have pictures, videos, or news
pieces about your event, please send those to
<mailto:mbaugh at nfb.org>mbaugh at nfb.org as well. We
will be posting pictures and videos from various
events on the web page and we want to make sure
as many chapters and affiliates are represented as possible.

Finally, remember that Meet the Blind Month isn't
over yet! Today is Halloween­when those trick or
treaters stop by, take a moment to share your
positive philosophy on blindness. Braille
alphabet cards made a great addition to any treat
bag! And, if you’re a last minute candy
purchaser, consider buying Skittles, M&Ms, or
Smarties that children can use to create their names in Braille!

Thanks to everyone who has participated in this
year’s Meet the Blind Month campaign! You really
are changing what it means to be blind!

Kind Regards,

Mika

Mika Baugh