[Nfbnet-members-list] Imagination Fund Blind Driver Experience

Diggs, Parnell PDiggs at nfb.org
Tue Mar 22 21:10:06 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues:

This is Parnell Diggs, Chairman of the National
Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund.  By
now, you are aware of the new Imagination Fund
initiative launched a few days ago for those who
raise significant resources in the 2011 Race for
Independence.  On the afternoon of Tuesday, July
5, we will be giving thirty Federationists a
chance to participate in the Blind Driver
Experience during the Orlando National Convention.

What is the Blind Driver Experience?  Thirty
Federationists from across the nation will have
the opportunity to choose three friends and join
a trained blind driver for a ride in the Blind
Driver Challenge™ car and get an up-close look at
the exciting new technology that made it possible
for a blind person to drive a car on the Daytona International Speedway.

Participants can dialogue with a blind driver
about how the technology works and where we will
go from this historic milestone.  But to qualify
to have a chance to take part in this incredible,
once in a lifetime opportunity, you must raise at least $1000 by June 15, 2011.

Here is how the selections will be made.  The top
ten Imaginators in the nation in terms of money
raised will qualify automatically.  There will
then be twenty additional participants selected
in a drawing from those who raise at least $1000
by June 15.  The time and date of the drawing will be announced soon.

In short, there are two ways to get
selected.  You can finish among the top ten
Imaginators, or you can have your name drawn from
among those who raise at least $1000 by June
15.  You must also register for the National
Convention.  Many of you are well on the way to
$1000, so please keep working at it.  There is
still enough time remaining to qualify for the Blind Driver Experience.

Feel free to contact me via email at
<blocked::mailto:pdiggs at nfb.org>pdiggs at nfb.org or
call me in Myrtle Beach, SC, at 843-492-7411 if
you have any questions or if I can help you reach
the $1000 level.  In the meantime, get
signed-up  for the Race for Independence at
<blocked::http://www.raceforindependence.org/>www.raceforindependence.org
and start raising your money so that you too will
qualify for Selection 2011.  Thank you.