[Nfbnet-members-list] research Studies Seeking Participants at the 2011 NFB Convention in Orlando

Riccobono, Mark MRiccobono at nfb.org
Wed Jun 29 07:51:30 UTC 2011

Fellow Federationists,

There are a couple of research projects going on that the NFB
Jernigan Institute has been actively helping with over the past few
months. Please see the below call for participants at our National
Convention and consider lending your expertise about blindness.

Sincerely,
Mark Riccobono

------------

Call for Participants:

National Public Radio is conducting research on a new prototype
"Braille Radio" being designed for use primarily by individuals in
the deaf-blind community.  We are looking for Braille readers to help
us test the radio interface.  In this study we will ask you to
perform some tasks using the radio, and  give us feedback on how we
can improve the radio.  The study will last 45 minutes and you will
be compensated $25 for your time.  Please contact
<blocked::mailto:meskenazi at npr.org>meskenazi at npr.org to schedule an
appointment.

AND

In collaboration with NFB, Towson University is conducting research
that compares Braille and sighted reading.  We are looking for
experienced male Braille readers who are employed or who are in
college and use Braille on a daily basis.  During the study you will
read some stories and complete a few short literacy tests.  The study
will take approximately an hour and you will be compensated $25 for
your time.  You can also choose to donate this money back to the
NFB.  Please contact
<blocked::mailto:braillestudy at gmail.com>braillestudy at gmail.com to
schedule an appointment.