[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Newsline and Convention

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Jun 7 09:28:58 UTC 2011

Greetings fellow Federationists:

As you are surely aware, the NFB’s 2011 National
Convention is rapidly approaching, and so before
everyone’s schedule is entirely packed I wanted
to write to you to ask for your
assistance.  Because we have recently launched
new service access methods and features, we
wanted to seize this occasion to afford
convention attendees with an opportunity to
become familiar with these additions so they can
make the most of them.  To aid us in this effort,
in addition to our two tables at the exhibit
hall, the NFB-NEWSLINE® team has arranged for a
demonstration room that will allow for hands-on
demonstrations of our recent service
enhancements, such as the NFB-NEWSLINE® NLS
Digital Talking Book Downloader and our Job
Listings feature.  Convention-goers can also come
to our demonstration room to get help with other
access methods and service features and to get
other NFB-NEWSLINE® help.  Because we really want
to have an impact in promoting our service and
its exciting features to convention attendees, we
are in great need of a great many pair of hands to help us out.

Our demonstration room will be available for 10
hours of walk-in traffic and our tables in the
exhibit hall will need to be staffed for 23
hours, so we have plenty of need for help!  We
are looking for support from our members who are
familiar with the NFB-NEWSLINE® service; our
volunteers will be asked to assist visitors in
many ways; by providing information, handing out
literature and helping sign up new
subscribers.  Additionally, we need volunteers to
staff our room’s four workstations so as to help
convention attendees learn about our new service
additions, especially the NFB-NEWSLINE® NLS DTB
Downloader and our new job-listings feature.  We
will provide those interested in volunteering
with information on these new service initiatives
before convention via a conference call so that everyone is up to speed.

I would very much appreciate it if you would take
some time during the convention to assist us in
promoting and demonstrating the service to
convention attendees.  Please also ask others in
your affiliate who you know use NFB-NEWSLINE® to
volunteer their time as well   In return, you'll
provide a valuable service and receive prodigious thanks!

Please send me an e-mail indicating your interest
in volunteering during convention.  My e-mail
address is <mailto:rwest at nfb.org>rwest at nfb.org
and my inbox can accept a lot of entries!

If you have questions, you may also reach me by
phone at (410) 659-9314, extension 2411.

Thank you for your time and for your attention to this matter.

Renee West, Marketing and Outreach Manager
NFB-NEWSLINE®