[Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund

Diggs, Parnell PDiggs at nfb.org
Tue Apr 12 00:16:48 UTC 2011

Dear Colleagues:

On Wednesday, April 20, at 8:00 PM EDT, I will
have the honor of appearing on "Thru Our Eyes"
with Joe Ruffalo to talk about the 2011 Race for
Independence.  An announcement with details about
how to tune-in will follow within days.  In the
meantime, please get active in the Race for
Independence.  In other words, get signed-up by
visiting
<http://www.raceforindependence.org>www.raceforindependence.org.
Or, if you have already taken care of this
initial step, I appreciate it very much.

But please begin making your asks while there is
still plenty of time to reach your fundraising
goal.  As you know, we are giving thirty
Federationists an opportunity to ride in the
Blind Driver Challenge™ car on the afternoon of
Tuesday, July 5.  The thirty Federationists will
be chosen based upon results as of June 15, 2011,
in the following way.  First, we will invite the
top ten Imaginators in terms of money raised in
the 2011 campaign.  We will then select twenty
others in a drawing from among a pool of
Imaginators who raise at least $1000.  Each of
the thirty individuals can then select up to
three friends to share in the Blind Driver Experience.

Very soon, we will announce the time and date of
the drawing, but you can bet it will be some time
after June 15.  Fellow Federationists, now is the
time to start making those asks.  Please feel
free to reach out to me directly in Myrtle Beach,
South Carolina at 843-492-7411 or via email at
<mailto:pdiggs at nfb.org>pdiggs at nfb.org for assistance.  Thank you.

Parnell Diggs, Chairman
National Federation of the Blind Imagination Fund