[gui-talk] Online courses

Hoffman, Allen allen.hoffman at hq.dhs.gov
Mon Oct 23 12:34:20 UTC 2017

Wow!
You actually are   the person I provided some minimal mobility assistance for way back in Iowa city in the 80s.
Hope all is well with you.

I can't speak to the LMS(s) you note here but can recommend Moodle as it is capable of being used to deliver accessibile training.  However, that said, if your course developers don't do their jobs the LMS won't help.  The nice thing with Moodle is that if set up for educational setting, it provides the ability for teachers to create training without being coders, while simultaneously allowing template driven set up to ddrive them to ensure accessibility as well, and when there is something that isn't accessible its open source so the school can either hire someone to fix it and share the update with the community, or have in-house staff programmers fix it and share back.  My office uses Moodle and we find that while we do have to "fix" things sometimes, at lest its not a negotiation if someone wants to or not.

Allen Hoffman
Deputy Executive Director
The Office of Accessible Systems & Technology
Department of Homeland Security
202-447-0503 (voice)
allen.hoffman at hq.dhs.gov

DHS Accessibility Helpdesk