[gui-talk] Best e-mail programme to use with Windows ten

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Tue Jul 25 18:35:40 UTC 2017

Hello friends,

I am finally making the switch to using Windows 10.
Unfortunately, I’m also having to make the switch to using JAWS at the same time, since Window-eyes is no longer a viable long-term option.

So, I’m looking for your thoughts on which e-mail programme will be the best option for me using JAWS and Windows ten.

I know I can use the Office 360 service and access all e-mails off line.
Is that the simplest answer?

I’m wondering if using Thunderbird might be an easier option. I did use it at one stage a couple of years ago but it had problems and wasn’t completely accessible, as I remember.
What do folks think about using Thunderbird?

Alternatively, I could use outlook, which is accessible but has lots of extra options that I don’t use.

In addition to the choice of an e-mail programme, JAWS users may have some info for me regarding how well JAWS works with particular programmes, which may influence my choice of e-mail programme.

I will be so grateful if you would take a few minutes and e-mail me your thoughts, opinions experiences etc. regarding my questions and your answers and advice.

This is always a daunting experience when new programmes need to be chosen and learnt, so support from my NFB family is what I need..
Thank you everyone in advance for your kind assistance.

Warmly,
Heather