[gui-talk] My Problem with JAWS and 33Outlook 2016

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 26 18:31:56 UTC 2017

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your message. I would like to answer, suggestion by
suggestion.

1. I went into the default Settings Center (JCF) file in my "Shared
Settings" folder, and the sdelay time for Outlook is "infinite," which means
JAWS will not shut off when Outlook stops responding, which is how I want
it. If I wait, Outlook restarts j goes back to my inbox. I triedto change
the default delay time to longer (900 seconds), but when I tried to save it,
the computer said access was denied.

2. I am using Office 2016 Professional, and it is a click-to-run
installation. Do you think I should revert to last month's version of Office
and see if it fixes my problem? I have also downloaded the Microsoft
Recovery and Support Assistant but not run it yet. The site says it can fix
problems for you, like Outlook not responding; do you think I should run
this program?

3. I have just disabled all my Outlook settings and will let you know what
happens.

4. I have made sure message previewing is off. The folder pane is set to
"normal," and the "preview Pane" is off.

5. With my custom views, I am trying to sort my e-mail in a way easier for
me to understand. Here are my custom views.

Inbox:

no grouping of items

Sort by:

1. From, ascending
2. Subject, ascending.
3. Received, ascending.
4. Formula for "Received" column: Sat 8/26/17 2:26 PM

View for "Sent It4ems" folder:

no grouping of items

Sort By:

1. To, ascending.
2. Subject, ascending.
3. Sent, ascending.
4. Formula for "Sent Items" column: same as for the inbox.

As for your fifth suggestion, I want to save this for the last resort
because I have found the accessibility line unhelpful in the past. I would
like to try reverting to the July version of Office 2016 first if that is
something you think I should do.

I was thinking maybe system restore would have fixed this, but I remembered
personal folders are not affected by System Restore anyway because they fall
under the category of "personal files." Plus, I had so many restore points
that didn't lead anywhere, I disabled System Restore so I could make new
restore points.

Everyone, keep the suggestions coming.

Jen

spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net