[gui-talk] Jaws and MS word 2016

Farwaneh, Samira - (farwaneh) farwaneh at email.arizona.edu
Sat Aug 19 19:57:10 UTC 2017

Hello All,

I have another issue with Word 16 and Jaws; when editing a document, I am not able to have jaws read words or characters using arrow keys; and when reading lines, jaws reads two lines then the third is silent; I have to press down then up arrow to read the one  that I have missed. The problem disappears when rebooting but it reappears after  a period of time. I have the same problem when selecting using shift key; Jaws does not read the selected line. I am using the latest version of Jaws 18. Interestingly, arrow keys read properly in Outlook.
What do I need to do to get the arrow keys to function properly again in Word?

Thanks for any feedback
Samira