[gui-talk] reading instantly from the paper?

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Oct 9 02:17:06 UTC 2016

When you say "reader" do you mean software, or a human type
person.  If a human, many of us used them for access for years, and
when you have the right ones, they work great.  They can scan things,
that is look over and pick things out, they can easily and quickly
identify documents.  OCR tends to be best for longer stuff that you
read straight through.  If you skip around a lot, hunt for things
etc., a human might be your best access.

I know that is odd to today's students, but they do have their
advantages, and we should use the tools that work best in a given situation.

Dave