[gui-talk] (no subject)

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun Jan 3 14:01:48 UTC 2016

Good morning Rob and everyone,

     For us this is all the more the reason to switch to the Mac. We
talked to someone last night who is also seriously considering jumping
the OS ship and buying a Mac the next time she needs a computer or
wishes to addd a laptop to her technology powerhouse. We also know of
several other blind individuals that are former Windows users who now
own Macs and love them. We already own two iPhones and an iPad. We were
surprised at how cheap the iWork Suite is compared to Microsoft Office.
We're talking about $30.00 for the entire suite which no limitations on
the number of devices on which iWork can be installed VS Microsoft
Office at arount $500.00 plus the cost of a screen reader easily adding
another $1000.00 plus the cost of SMAS, the hassles with authorization
keys, etc. And let's not forget about Microsoft's unwanted spam messages
urging users to upgrade to Windows 10. I really hope Congress calls out
companies on the business of forced software upgrades. If you asked me
it's about time legislation was adopted to stop this practice! Now we're
off to church.

Peter Donahue