[gui-talk] how do I get webvisum back?

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Wed Dec 16 21:11:52 UTC 2015

Firefox 43 added a new feature that blocks the installation of unsigned
add-ons like Webvisum.  You have two options for using Webvisum.  You can
either roll back to Firefox 42 or earlier which does not have this feature,
or with Firefox 43, follow these steps to enable Webvisum, which were
provided by somebody on another list:

1.  Open Firefox 43 and in the address bar, type the below line as seen
with no spaces:
about:config
2.  You will get a Firefox warning saying: 'This may void your
warranty.' Click on  the button that sardonically says: 'I'll be
careful, I promise.'
3.  tab once to the list of 700 or so items and press the letter X. You
are looking for the below item:
xpinstall.signatures.required
4.  When this item is highlighted, press the context keyh or right click
and choose toggel or press T (same thing.)
5.  The highlighted value should change to false as in:
xpinstall.signatures.required;false

Then press control + W to close the window and when you run Firefox
again, Webvisum should work.

Gerald