[gui-talk] A Strange JAWS Setting

Kris Hickerson krishickerson at att.net
Mon Jan 13 20:45:50 UTC 2014

Hello,

For some reason, suddenly whenever I'm on a website and try to go into links
mode using insert/F7, JAWS says "carret browsing on" and something about
using carret to select text.  Since I have no idea what this means I always
choose no.  I'm assuming I have something selected or not selected that I
don't know about.  I looked through the settings and could not locate what I
need to change.

Is this something new with JAWS 14 or what do I need to do to correct this.
I'd like to be able to get my links lists back.

Thank you.

And, BTW, when would I want to use carret browsing anyway?

Kris