[gui-talk] How do you stop a web page from constantly reloading?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Sep 29 00:45:57 UTC 2013

Here's a little more of the problem.  Not all web pages are even web
pages at all, they're portals.  Those portals have several different
items on them that can change as often as they're designed to change and
because they're not web pages as such, not much can get done about
these.  One possible solution that might ultimately work would be to
open one of these portals and log in if necessary then copy the entire
visible portal's content to a file on the user's computer and disconnect
from the portal and open that file with the browser.  Examine that file
and if a user wants to use a link on the file, do so and maybe start
connecting back to the portal.  Login may be necessary and if it can be
done automatically and the user gets where the link would have taken
them, repeat the process on the new page of copying the new page then
disconnecting from the web page to do your remote reading.  This would
take a bit of coding to get done.