[gui-talk] How to Get Speakers Back?

Debbi Williamson debbi107 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Oct 8 23:27:07 UTC 2013

My husband recently purchased a computer with Windows 8.  he uses JAWS.  The
other day, while wandering around in the control pannel to try and get more
bass in his speakers, he managed to lose the speakers altogether.  The only
way he is now using the computer is with a set of USB headphones.  The
speaker drivers seem to have disappeared and we have no idea how to get them
back.  When you unplug The speakers from computer, there is a message that
says  something has been unplugged and when we plug them back in, there is
an acknowledgment that something has been plugged in.  But, the speakers
just don't show anywhere and, of course, no sound comes from them.    How
can we fix this problem?  Thanks.