[gui-talk] Most Accessible Linux Flavor

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Oct 6 17:59:24 UTC 2013

For your purposes, I recommend stock debian.  If you want to play in the
eye candy interface X, you'll have to learn orca.  I would have
recommended arch linux, but the arch linux users list gets down right
hostile at times.  Also, debian has a repository
http://deb-multimedia.org/ you'll likely be using once you get debian
installed.  It has most current versions of multimedia software on it.
Debian will install using your sound card and after that will run using
your sound card but only if you use the s command as a boot parameter.
Just hit s when the hard drive stops and at the boot prompt then hit
enter to do that.
I don't know the amount of multimedia software or the quality of the
multimedia software on arch linux.  Ubuntu would have been a good
possibility except it's slow about getting  accessibility updates
installed.  Arch linux is the fastest about making accessibility updates
available for installation, and http://www.sonar-project.org/ is coming
out with a new release of sonar-linux which will use arch linux as its
base.  However if you have a problem with sonar, there's a sonar support
list that can help you out.