[gui-talk] Most Accessible Linux Flavor

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun Oct 6 17:15:23 UTC 2013

Good afternoon everyone,

    I'm hoping to get a new computer in the near future and am considering
breaking with Windows due to the loss of particular functionality in recent
versions plus the high cost of Windows software, and using Linux as my OS
instead. Like Windows there are various versions or "Flavors" of Linux.
Since I do lots of multi-media and Web design projects I'll be curious as to
which Linux versions offer the most where media applications are concerned.

    I'd like to know which version you find to be the most accessible with
screen readers, and which Linux screen readers work the best. I know there
are a few out there but have not had experience with them. Do they require
an external synthesizer or will they use your PC sound card as Windows
screen readers do.

 Peter Donahue

 “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.”
Isaiah 54:17

 “While for our princes they prepare
In caverns deep a burning snare,
He shot from heaven a piercing ray,