[gui-talk] Windows 8 Questions

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Jul 18 15:56:15 UTC 2013

I'd wait before getting windows 8.  Soon computers will be coming with
windows 8.1 on them and windows 8 has some real accessibility problems in
it windows 8.1 is supposed to fix.  All that having been written, nvda has
been working with windows 8 for quite a while now.  Jaws 14 does work with
windows 8, but I wouldn't get either and I wouldn't buy any more jaws
until a version comes out that specifically takes advantage of windows 8.1
and even doing that, I'd buy the sma package because Freedomscientific
doesn't get everything exactly right on the ffirst version of anything.