[gui-talk] I Pad question

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 14:57:55 UTC 2013

If you still want an iPad, I would recommend an iPad Mini, since on
the Mini, the screen size is a couple of inches smaller than the
regular iPad. If you are totally blind, then the smaller screen will
help make the device more usable for you. I don't have either iPad,
though I would love to have a Mini if anyone's willing to send me one,
:) I have seen both though and the regular iPad has lots of open
space. Another thing to consider is do you want an iPad with only wifi
or one with both wifi and cellular capabilities? If you have a home
wireless network and don't do a lot of travel outside the home, then
the wifi only might fit the bill. As for size, that depends on what
you want to do on it. I have a coworker who recently bought one of the
new iPads, but he got the 128 gig size, which is the largest and most
expensive. When he was asked what he would do with all that space, he
said, "I will use it for movies and pictures, since that's all I do on
the iPad anyway." As for me, since I already have an iPhone 5, a 16 or
32 gig iPad Mini would suit me just fine. Again, depending on what
you're doing, it doesn't take much to fill up 16 gigs. If you put a
lot of apps, books, music and pictures on there, then that 16 gigs
goes fast. If however you just have a few apps and a few other things,
then you can make it last. If you get a 16 gig, and decide later that
you want more space, you will have to buy a new 32 gig model, so
there's no expanding the 16 gig model to 32 gig.

Hth,
Wayne Merritt