[gui-talk] I Pad question

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Tue Dec 10 02:04:39 UTC 2013

My personal opinions:

For word processing you are still better off with a PC running Windows,
Linux or OS/X.  I'm sure you can do plenty of writing, especially informal
writing like e-mail, on an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, but you will probably
want an external Bluetooth keyboard if you are doing much writing.  Of
course you can use Siri, but then you might want to edit what it recognized.
I think that in a few more years Windows will be on its way out, but we
haven't quite reached that point yet.

For web surfing, media playback, and many other "read-only" activities, I
would see little disadvantage to using an iDevice.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD
http://lras.home.sprynet.com