[gui-talk] Google Is Back

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 24 05:00:17 UTC 2013

Good evening list.

I'm very happy to report Google is back and without the error 404 message,
though it took some trickery and manipulation on my part to restore Google
as my home page in IE10. I leveraged the Bing powered search engine of MSN
to run a search on Google and was able to get the iGoogle web page to load.
Once that was done I was able with some trial and error to manipulate tabs
and to reset Google as my home page. I did visit the gateway to see if the
router needed to be reset, but this was not necessary. Jude, thanks for the
suggestion all the same. It's good to have good ole Google back again. I was
beginning to wonder if I was getting slammed by Microsoft, the way the
telecoms were slamming customers back in the 1980s. Oy veh! Take care all
and have a superb night.

Best regards,
Rob "Jayhawk" Tabor