[gui-talk] keyboard layout on laptop

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 14:48:52 UTC 2012

This is a strange problem. I have a sighted friend whose keyboard was not
working properly on his laptop, as certain keys, the I for example, quit
functioning. So a friend of his changed it so the backslash key would
produce the I. He got a regular keyboard to attach to his laptop, but
because of the change, the backslash key even on the keyboard is still the
I. How can he change it back to the backslash and have the I key actually
produce the letter I? I think he is using Windows XP. Thank you for your
help.

Sherri

Sherri Brun
flmom2006 at gmail.com
Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
 NFBF Newsline® chair
www.nfbnewsline.org
E-mail:  newsline at nfbflorida.org
Vice-president National Federation of the Blind of Florida Greater Orlando
Chapter
http://nfbfgoc.org
Chair Orange County Disability Advisory Board