[gui-talk] tax software accessibility

Hoffman, Allen Allen.Hoffman at HQ.DHS.GOV
Tue Jan 17 14:09:58 UTC 2012

I have used Tax Act twice now to complete my taxes and found that for
all the fields there are very few accessibility errors--of course that
was last year and year before, who knows if QA for this year's is as
good.  p.s.  My taxes were not 1040ez so I used quite a lot of fields to
get the job done--and while I would not say you can do it reliablly
completely without help, you might only have to ask for someone to help
once or twice through the process.  Importing W2 or inputting the W2
data from the W2 itself works fairly well in Tax Act, if you have a W2
in a bank that supports the import to Tax Act its really easy.

Allen Hoffman