[gui-talk] Buffalo, IOMega, and Patriot NAS Drives

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Tue Aug 21 01:50:00 UTC 2012

Good evening Brian and everyone,

    In cloud systems one feature you have is the ability to have your NAS or
off-site storage drive appear as a local drive on your machine in My
Computer or Windows Explorer giving you another way to access files stored
on them. Buffalo units allow you to access files via a private cloud, FTP,
or your Web Browser. If the FTP Component allows you to create an account in
a program like File Zilla or other Windows or Mac FTP programs and a
standard Web interface is used known to be accessible with screen readers
problem solved. I don't know about Patriot or Iomega but Buffalo also has
apps you can download and install on your iPod, iPad, iPhone, or an Android
phone giving you the ability to access your NAS remotely. Can you do this
with Patriot NAS drives?

It looks like we've ruled out Galaxy, Netgear and Western Digital NAS
systems due to accessibility issues.    Iomega drives have been around for a
long time too. I'll need to check out their offerings. I should also check
Sandisk too as their products tend to be of a better quality at least their
flash drives are. If anyone uses a NAS system other than those mentioned
above your reviews particularly concerning accessibility with screen readers
will be very much appreciated.

Peter Donahue

 “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.”
Isaiah 54:17

 “While for our princes they prepare
In caverns deep a burning snare,
He shot from heaven a piercing ray,