[gui-talk] seeking ETI eloquence voices for windows

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:14:22 UTC 2012

You might check out the System Access to Go site, where you can buy
Eloquence as an add on to SATG for $25, along with other voices:
www.satogo.com

I don't know if you could use the Eloquence for SATG with NVDA,
probably not. At one time GW Micro sold DecTalk to work with
Window-Eyes, but you may be able to get it for NVDA, not sure.
www.gwmicro.com

While I know it is a pain to have to restart the computer every 40
minutes, it is access and can get the job done. There has been a
campaign to get Eloquence for NVDA. Somewhere on the web there is a
form/email list sign up to be notified whenever they add Eloquence.
Personally , I think that until Nuance actually gives permissionf or
Eloquence to be freely used by anyone, like NVDA, I don't see that
happening. Or, until NVDA ponies up the dollars to buy Eloquence. Too
bad too, since many people don't like the default NVDA voice. Then
again, to each their own, :)

Good luck,
Wayne