[gui-talk] Incomplete Uninstall

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Apr 20 09:21:00 UTC 2012

Some time back, I recall a discussion of a utility that uninstalls programs
completely that "Add or Remove Programs" didn't completely uninstall. I was
trying to update the Learning Ally Audio Book Manager per the "Update Now"
button on its main screen and it appears something's weird about the site.
So I tried to uninstall. It looked as though it worked yet I can still run
the program from the desktop shortcut and there are still plenty of
references in the Windows Registry - I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. Any
ideas how to completely remove this program aside from the brute-force use
of Regedit? I was pretty good at using the latter under Windows 95 but am
somewhat loath to give it a go under Windows 7.

T I A!

Mike