[gui-talk] Windows 7 Logon Question

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Oct 17 15:14:18 UTC 2011

Hello, everyone.

I'm running Windows 7 on a HP laptop. I have it set up (or had it set up) with one account — that of Owner. It has all privileges and since I'm the only one using the computer, there is no password. Last evening, I created a user account for my wife so that I could create a separate iTunes library for her. Now, of course, the Logon screen comes up when I switch users or restart the computer or turn it on. When I move to the Owner account with left- or right-arrows to log in and hit the spacebar, I get a message saying something like "Result: 0x8700FFF WINDOWS Security" and leaves me at an OK button. I press it and am back to the logon screen. I can log into the user account I created but not the Owner account. Obviously, I'd like to log into the Owner account. Any idea how to get in, if only to delete the user account?

Thanks.

Mike Freeman