[gui-talk] microsoft question

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun May 8 14:31:11 UTC 2011

George,

If you didn't pay extra for a license, you didn't get one.  It would have cost you extra and they would have given you
something with a long product key on it in all likelihood, unless they entered the key for you.  In that case, there is
usually a button in the dialog that pops up that says "Activate through the Internet" or something like that.  If you need
to enter a product key and you are sure that you paid extra for one, check carefully through the box of stuff that came
with your computer to see if you can find one.  However, they may have been telling you that they registered Windows
for you which is different than Office and you would not have paid extra for that.  You may have a Windows or backup
disk with a product key on it but it won't work for Office.  Many computers now come with a trial version of Office
installed, but as I say, you would have to pay extra, like over a hundred dollars, to have it activated.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson