[gui-talk] will Webvisum be rendered useless?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Mon Jun 27 18:08:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

If the screen reader developers could solve CAPTCHAs, so could spammers.  To solve a CAPTCHA would require some kind of Optical character
recognition, but CAPTCHAs are displayed to make this more difficult.  OCR is more a process familiar to Kurzweil than screen reader technology.  This just
isn't a simple problem.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:46:58 -0400, Gerald Levy wrote:

>The real problem is that the major screen reader companies, FS and GW Micro,
>have so far shown absolutely no interest in adding captcha solving
>capabilities to JAWS and Window Eyes, respectively.  This should certainly
>be technically feasible.

>Gerald

>>> Toll-free: (800) 362-2587