[gui-talk] JAWS and the DECtalk USb Synth

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Jun 16 05:18:56 UTC 2011

I see that the latest JAWS update for 64-bit machines has the DECtalk USB
synthesizer as one of the supported synths. Yet when I add it in the Braille
and Synthesizers manager, I don't see a Voice profile for it. What gives?
I'm sure my settings are OK because I've been able to do the updates right
along without the update process choking on errant files.

Any ideas how to fix this? I suppose I could look for my serial-to-USB
converter but I'd rather use the DECtalk USB in its USB configuration.

TIA.

Mike Freeman