[gui-talk] home network problem

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Aug 21 21:59:15 UTC 2011

Ted,

I could be wrong as well, but I think you might be thinking of the "home networking" feature of Windows 7.  In many
ways, it is a more secure and faster form of sharing files, but I believe that one can share files using the older network
protocols.  I say that I could be wrong because I believe I did just this at one point but do not use that any longer.  If
he is able to see his Windows 7 files on his XP machine but not the other way around, he is probably looking within
the home networking option on his Windows 7 machine.  It seems to me I had to look at another branch of the
network tree to find the XP files.  I just don't have more details but perhaps this will give someone else an idea of what
to try, and I am not excluding the possibility that you are correct and I am wrong.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson