[gui-talk] FW: [program-l] windows Installer for Java Access Bridge?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sat Aug 13 14:29:57 UTC 2011

Mike,

Are you on the JavaAccess list?  If not I could forward.  I have also seen more discussion of Java on the
ProgrammingBlind list but don't know if you are on that list.  In some ways, I'd be surprised if there was an install
package since the install seems to depend upon where other components of Java are located and there can be more
than one instance and even one version as I understand it.  I personally think we are going to have to put some
pressure on to get the job of making Java Accessible that was started fifteen years ago finished.  One way or another,
we need to get more consistency in how accessibility is to be achieved with Java.  As it stands now, a software
developer can believe their software is accessible only to find it isn't because of difficulties with the version of the
screen reader, the version of the Windows Access Bridge, and the version of Java itself.  This is not really Oracles
fault, but since Oracle has an interest in getting this to work, maybe we need to use some of our connections with
them.  None of this really answers your question, though, does it.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson