[gui-talk] Strange problem with Excel 2003

Geetha Shamanna geetha at millernorbert.de
Wed Aug 10 19:10:04 UTC 2011

Hello all,

I have been having a strange problem with Excel 2003 since switching to Dell
XPS15 . I am unable to use the arrow keys to move between cells in an Excel
file. The up and down arrow keys work, but not the left and right arrow
keys.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003 today, but that did not resolve
the problem. The problem may have to do either with an obscure key
configuration or the scroll lock according to posts on online forums.
However, I am unable to locate the scroll lock key on my laptop.

Has anyone here with a laptop encountered a similar problem? If yes, is
there a solution?

Many thanks.
Geetha