[gui-talk] Fwd: Announcing the Historical Access Preservation Project

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Sep 29 04:52:38 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
 From:    Tyler Spivey tspivey at pcdesk.net
 To:      programmingblind at freelists.org

Hello,

I have started a new project, the Historical Access Preservation
Project, or HAPP. The website is at:
http://allinaccess.com/happ
The goal of this project is to preserve the software needed to access
older systems that are no longer in wide mainstream use, such as DOS,
Macintosh pre-OSX, and OS/2.

Also included would be hardware devices such as the Braille 'N Speak.

So far, I'm looking for archives and information. Software archives that
I can sort through and put what I can on the sight, and information such
as documentation and current contact addresses of companies that may
still be selling their applications, or may be willing to make them
freeware/open source.

Any help that could be provided for this project would be appreciated.

Please forward this to anyone that might benefit from it

- Tyler

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com