[gui-talk] Fwd: beta testers needed for Window-Eyes MS Word script

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 24 12:59:48 UTC 2010

If you're interested in beta testing these scripts please make sure you
write to Chip at his email addresses mentioned in the body of this
message.  -Steve.

 From:    Allison and Chip Orange acorange at comcast.net
 To:      gw-info at gwmicro.com

Hi all,

I'm seeking beta testers for the MS Word script, but only if you
frequently use Word forms.

The biggest change to the next version is that I've made an effort to
deal with forms which weren't constructed properly for accessibility,
and so have no help info for each field, which usually appears in the
status bar and is read by WE.

What I'm doing is to work with forms created where fields are
positioned in table cells (a frequent technique).  this lets me easily
look for text to the left of each field in the cell, then to the cell to
the left, and finally to the cell on top.  if all of these are empty
I'll use the field name (usually a meaningless phrase, but you never
know, and it gives you something to refer to if you can communicate with
the form designer).

I'll also try and do something with fields not positioned in a table
before releasing the next update.

I'd like someone besides me to test this before it's released, and also
who might have ideas for what could be found and read automatically to
help with forms.  finally, if nothing else, maybe they could send me
examples of forms which aren't reading anything for their fields.

if you're interested write to me at:

(home)
acorange at comcast.net
(work)