[gui-talk] Problems Galore

Ray Foret Jr rforetjr at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 07:49:33 UTC 2010

I have one..  Get a Mac.  There's a bit of a learning curve, but, once you do, you'll never look back.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

A Very Proud and Happy Mac User!!!

E-Mail:
rforetjr at comcast dot net
Skype Name:
barefootedray

On Sep 21, 2010, at 9:24 PM, debbi williamson wrote:

I have been telling you all about my on-going computer issues.  Well, my desktop computer runnings JAWS 11 and XP Professional has completely died.  Will not boot up.  So, I have ordered a new desktop computer with Windows 7 64-bit.  In the meantime, my husband purchased a Del laptop with Windows 7, 64-bit from a local store.  So, today, I contacted Freedom Scientific and told them about the 64-bit change.  We downloaded from Freedom Scientific, the 64-bit demo and, when I called, I gave my serial number and got my activation code--that 20-digit code you have to fill in.  I have tried all evening to activate JAWS on his laptop via the internet.  I get to the "please wait" screen and absolutely nothing happens.  Although internet explore is connected and his home page comes up, I never get to the activation of JAWS.

A second problem we have with this laptop is that, no matter how many times I have set JAWS so it will run at the long-on, it never comes up.  And, when we just had Narator, it would come up at log-on.  There is no logging on that has to be done so I don't understand why JAWS will not start.  Ever time I have tried to activate JAWS and every time I have tried to tell JAWS to run at log-on, a screen comes up asking if I want to allow changes.  (It is user account, something or other.  I can't be more clear.)  Every time, I answer yes.  I am so very frustrated and am tired of going in circles.  Also, just in case I have run out of activations, I sent JAWS asking for a reset of them.  I am happy to hear any and all suggestions.  Thanks.