[gui-talk] PDF's; Empty Document

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Thu Sep 2 13:01:26 UTC 2010

It's actually called Microsoft Document Imaging.  I have used it on a few PDF documents.  I like Omnipage much better; this is another off-the-shelf OCR program that can even take a PDF and make it into a semblance of a Word document.

When someone is about to send you a PDF document, they can do an accessibility check on it from the Documents menu of Adobe Reader.  If they have Acrobat, they can do the OCR in the Acrobat program before sending you the PDF.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.