[gui-talk] How to Back Up Files

Debbi Williamson debbi107 at atlanticbb.net
Sun Oct 17 16:56:40 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm glad I'm writing and not having to tell you all face-to-face that I
don't know how to do this.  But, after my last computer crash, I am going to
take a deep breath and tell you that I don't know how to back up files on my
computer.  I have Windows 7, 64-bit, JAWS 11, and an external hard drive
plugged in.  The drive has, I think, some kind of backing-up software, and I
think I saw that Windows 7 has something, too.  What is the most
screenreader-friendly way to do this?  And, am I correct that I don't back
up programs but just files that I have saved, like music and documents?
(See why I'm so embarrassed to ask?  I should know this already!)  Thanks.