[gui-talk] need help installing external CD drive

Beth Wright beth.wright at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 30 21:25:12 UTC 2010

Hi, listers.

The internal CD drive on my Windows XP computer stopped functioning, so I
bought an external CD-ROM drive with a USB cable connection.  When I plug it
into the computer, it shows up as CD Drive J in Windows Explorer, but when I
try to access the drive, I get the warning sound and a message saying that
the drive is not accessible.  Anybody have any ideas as to what I'm doing
wrong?  Sure would like to start burning CD's again.  Help would be much
appreciated.

Beth Wright