[gui-talk] Can a computer go back in time by itself?

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 13:12:48 UTC 2010

Hi folks Ken here still having my slow computer issue and on some fairly
basic operations.  Had this kooky idea.  I keep thinking there is  something
on the computer infecting it.  Game show network for example  takes almost
20 minutes to register for the live daily games on the channel each
afternoon.  When I log in I see the checkbox for the chat room but not the  forms to
enter your telephone number or the check box you must check to say you  are
over 18 or the clickable enter button which you must hit up to 10 times for
 the entries you are allowed.  The site is flash heavy and I am on a dial
up  but this isn't that hard to do so I had a wacky idea.  Can a computer if
infected with a virus or malware revert back to a previous timeby itself?
The other thing that seems strange is I have NVDA here and I installed the
2010-1 version when I had the computer looked at for a clean up and general
 fixing it.  To my shock I had the eloquents drivers on NVDA that the
previous version had on it.  Those were deleted and never coppied to the  new
version in fact, I had accidentally Deleted 2010-1 not realizing it had been
installed by our computer talk president.  I got a fresh copy and installed
it.  eloquents should have gone away when 2009 was uninstalled.  So if  the
computer has gone backwards on its own, How to I find it on system restore,
 and how do I clear any restore points?  I can see where to make it go back
 on there but that isn't what I want.  As I said think this thing is
already  going backwards.  Also will this change the results of an antivirus, anti
 spyware, and malware bites scan?  Will microsoft security essentials be
able to now detect viruses and will it turn itself on?  I'm getting message
that says it's turned off.  Will this clean up my vertual memory and will
this also allow me to see the AOL system info to stop running processes and
maybe even run a rebuild adapter or will I have to uninstall AOL aol and
Skype,  thunder and NVDA and maybe even Firefox after clearing any restore
points I  find?