[gui-talk] Fwd: Internet Broadcasting Audio Tutorial to be Released

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun May 30 05:12:42 UTC 2010

 From:    Jonathan Mosen jmosen at mosen.org
 To:      pc-audio at pc-audio.org

Mushroom FM is proud to announce the imminent release of the Mushroom FM Fun
Guys Guide to Internet Broadcasting.

Over the years I've met, or been in correspondence with, people who love the
idea of getting into Internet radio as a broadcaster, but who really don't
know where or how to get started. In the short and very successful period
Mushroom FM has been around, we've been approached by a number of people who
would make fantastic team members, if they could unravel the technical
mysteries of how to make Internet radio magic.

In talking about this issue with Brian Hartgen, who is Operations Manager at
Mushroom FM, we decided to create an audio tutorial that we could give to
people who approached us about being part of the team, but didn't know where
to start. And so the work began, with us dividing the work roughly in half
for us to complete outside of our day job time.

Now that the project is near completion, we realise that what we have
created is a resource for which there has been considerable demand for some
years within the blind community. So we have decided to donate this work,
and make the tutorial available for free to anyone who wants to know a bit
about Internet broadcasting. We hope many people will benefit from it, and
that if you, like us, get bitten by the Internet radio bug, you'll approach
Mushroom FM, the people taking voluntary Internet broadcasting to the next
level with our innovations, quality output, and high standards.

With over three hours of audio content, The Mushroom FM Fun Guys Guide to
Internet Broadcasting will be released soon as a DAISY audio book, able to
be played with software DAISY players, as well as portable devices capable
of DAISY playback. This will make it easy for you to listen on whatever
player suits you, while you follow along on your PC.

Topics covered include:
A detailed look at StationPlaylist Studio that shows how to set up and run
this software in an Internet broadcast situation. You'll learn about the
benefits of using a mixer, how to cope with requests, how to use cart
machines and more.
A look at options for getting your broadcast to the Internet, including
using facilities within StationPlaylist Studio, using free Winamp tools, or
the optional StationPlaylist Streamer.
Using the Sam Encoders with soon to be released JAWS scripts to optimise
your streaming experience.
A session where you hear all the tools we've discussed in action as an
actual radio show goes to air.
A brief overview of StationPlaylist Creator and how it can be used to make
live Internet broadcasting easier.

We'll post again when the Mushroom FM Fun Guys Guide to Internet
Broadcasting is available for free download from the Mushroom FM website at
www.MushroomFM.com

Jonathan Mosen,
Station manager,
Mushroom FM, the home of the Fun Guys