[gui-talk] facebook

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sun May 30 03:25:40 UTC 2010

As I have said before, I use Facebook with Window-Eyes 7.2 and Firefox 3.6.
I enjoy reading other people's status messages and adding comments to them,
or "liking" the messages.  I'm finding that it's a great way to keep up with
far-flung family, members of my church, etc.  I have 155 friends at present,
having started a year ago.

I used to be able to post my own status messages, but this has become more
difficult in recent weeks.  Tonight I did it by sending an e-mail to a
specially-supplied address connected to the mobile Facebook service.  I have
never used Facebook chat.  You will sometimes have to solve some audio
captchas.

Facebook changes its user interface frequently.  Although they use headings
to mark off important items, and lists are used in other places, the
interface is very fluid.  Someone once said that using Windows was like
writing Braille in Jell-O.  Windows isn't that bad with the tools we have
now, but Facebook seems to be a lot like that because you must often refresh
your browse buffer to reflect changes they made as you clicked on various
items.

Hope to see you on Facebook.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com