[gui-talk] spam messages that are too smart for Jaws?

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sat Mar 20 13:37:10 UTC 2010

Hi List members, Ken here with a strange question that I posed to the Jaws
users list but I don't think I posted it here.  Over the last few weeks
I've gotten a spam messages advertising watches.  They all come from an AOL
email address.  What is strange is that when I try to tab forward to the
forward button to send it to AOL terms of service, Jaws won't tab forward.   I
can go backwards to the mail header but not forward to the place to delete
or  forward and or even Reply.  Not that I'd ever reply to this jerk Huh?
My question is how is the message encoded so that jaws can't move forward
using  the Tab key?  Is this person maybe even smart enough to encode a message
so  that blind jaws users would maybe be foolish enough to click the link
thinking  it is the only thing to do?  Is this idiot maybe that stupid or
smart  depending on your view?  Or is this just by chance that jaws finds this
particular HTML encoding baffling?

I Pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind, to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the
blind; to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by its
constitution.