[gui-talk] Fwd: Jaws FAQ: Can I make a program accessible without knowing how to script?

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 16 13:22:44 UTC 2010

 From:    Daniel Keogh DKeogh at quantumtechnology.com.au
 To:      <vip-l at freelists.org>

The answer to this is possibly. There is a tool called Hot Spot Clicker
which has been developed by Jim Snowbarger, an American script writer,
along with many others. This is a set of scripts for Jaws which can
easily be tied to a particular program without any scripting knowledge.
Some of the features include:

You can define a location on the screen you wish to mouse click. This
can then be tied to a keystroke.

You can set up hot keys to move the focus to another area of the screen.
The focus is where jaws is currently looking for information. If you are
in a document this is where the cursor is. If you're tabbing through a
dialog box then the control you're on has focus.

You can change the order in which controls appear when tabbing
through a dialog box.

You can set up where Jaws moves to in applications that do not use the
tab key creating your own tab order.

For more information visit
http://www.hotspotclicker.org

Quantum customers please note that we can not provide tech support for
this product. These are known as 3rd party scripts. From our testing
they do work as stated however they are not officially supported by
Freedom Scientific. If you doo need help with these scripts you will
need to contact the author directly.

Regards,
Danny Keogh
Quantum Technology