[gui-talk] Fwd: Wayfinder access update

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 16 12:59:26 UTC 2010

From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu

Hi Everyone.

I've just been on the phone to Wayfinder's customer services team to try
to find out exactly when we can expect wayfinder to take their servers
offline and shut down.  The good news is that existing customers can
still get support from customer service and the product will still work
until April next year.  Also, map updates will continue as they have
done already, that is to say 4 times a year.

I hope this quells the concerns of some who thought they'd lose this
navigation aid imminently and gives us some breathing space to
experiment with other solutions and possibly enter in to negotiations
with Vodafone.

All the best, Ibrahim.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net