[gui-talk] using Wy Fi in a coffee house like a Starbucks

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 10 09:25:15 UTC 2010

You don't need sighted help for establishing a WiFi connection -- just go to
the start menu and click on "connect to" and from the submenu select
wireless.  You should hear jaws babbling about selecting a wireless network
in range.  Arrow down the list and see if you recognize the one that is the
cafe's network.
Then tab to the connect button and hit enter.

Other things to remember, first, is your wireless card turned on? There is
usually a physical switch on the laptop that turns the wireless card on and
off.  If you don't use a wireless router at home you may not have turned the
card on.
Also, if the cafe's wireless network requires a security key or password,
you'll have to get that from someone, but I seriously doubt a restaurant
would bother with a secured network.
I hope this helps.
Have fun...
--le