[gui-talk] fwd: for mac users readhear daisy document reader update

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Tue Mar 9 00:53:25 UTC 2010

From: Mrs. Lynnette Annabel Smith lynne at tft-bbs.co.uk

The ReadHear DAISY and Digital EBook player for OSX has just undergone a
major update. This update resolves the very big and very irritating issue of
sentences been read repeatedly in DAISY 2 and DAISY 20.2 documents. A
number of other bug fixes were also added.

Although the OLearia DAISY player is freeware and, as such, should certainly
not be discounted, in my humble opinion, ReadHear is now the best all-round
software DAISY player on the OSX platform.

Built from the ground up with accessibility in mind, it has several functions which
oLearia doesn't which, personally, we find very convenient.

In particular the library function which, although not as flexible as we'd like
to see it yet, is quite a powerful function. It allows you to scroll through a
book or document list and have bookmarks stored for each document in
your book library.

I will be writing to the developers shortly; as I have lot of suggestions
for them.

But for now, what we have is a good little player, although as I said
at the start, Olearia does a nice job. ReadHear's interface is, to be
honest, much more intuitive and interactive.

If you want to try ReadHear, get it from:
www.gh-accessibility.com

Lynne

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net