[gui-talk] GWMicro mailing lists, or BookSense has given up the ghost

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 23:20:22 UTC 2010

Greetings all --
I have been having fun with my BookSense playing around with features and
checking out the docs, which requires that I be familiar enough with how it
works to navigate the manual that is loaded on the sd card...

Anyway, I was experimenting with bluetooth connectivity as I just purchased
hearing aids that are bluetooth compatible and I wanted to pair the
BookSense with my hearing aids.  Unfortunately there was a technical problem
that apparently can't be resolved with the interface. I won't get into
that -- it's just a compatibility issue.

But the upshot of it was that suddenly after failing to pair with any
device, my BookSense went silent.  I tried turning off bluetooth by long
pressing the number 6, but that didn't bring it back. I tried turning the
unit off and on several times and it still won't work.  Just before the
silence, the battery was at level 7 out of 10, so it should have been able
to handle the operations I was doing.

I went to the GWMicro.com main page to find out where to subscribe to their
mailing lists and couldn't find any info.
So if someone on this list either knows a little about the BookSense, or
knows how to subscribe to the BookSense users list, please let me know.  I
really want this thing to work.  It's not just the few hundred $s I spent on
it, it's also that I like it and want it to work as I plan to use it a lot.
Any info is much appreciated!!!!
thx
--le